Aug 21, 2012

a post where I'm not waxing poetic about heartbreak or waxing poetic at all? oh em gee.

So I am at USU. I drove up on Sunday night, after hugging my parents goodbye and having a small breakdown in my car. I was terrified. The drive was long, and I made the unfortunate decision to listen to Les Miserables on the way. You can imagine how well that worked out.

Monday was long, and lonely, and kind of hard. I missed my friends,  I missed my familiar Salt Lake locations, heck, I even missed my parents. I felt like I had stepped into this weird, lonely world and I wasn't even sure why I had.

Today, however, was better. My fellow graduate instructors were more lively and talkative. It was easier to get settled into class. I talked to new people and even made a friend. And I feel at peace here-- a peace that I haven't felt since Cameron left. I am where I am supposed to be. It may not be how I imagined it, but it is right for me to be here, teaching two sections of English on Monday and taking a poetry class and yoga and getting ready to go to the Sigma Tau Delta convention in the fall. This is what I love, and this state--this state with rolling mountains and terrible weather and a relative lack of diversity--is my home, and it is where I was supposed to study. I know that. And I am glad I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment